Jobs in the Esthetics Field
Salon or Spa Esthetician
- Estheticians specialize in the care of the skin by performing facials and skin treatments. They may also apply cosmetics. They provide preventative care for the skin and offer treatments to keep skin healthy and attractive.
- Another area that the esthetician may choose to specialize in is the artful application of cosmetics. Makeup artists are trained to embellish and beautify facial features with the skillful application of cosmetics.
Destination Resorts and Cruise Ships
- Resorts and cruise ships offer full service salons where estheticians provide such services as facials, eyebrow shaping, waxing, and makeup application for special occasions.
- Many professional estheticians have found that teaching esthetics can be even more rewarding for them personally than working in the salon. For those individuals, working in a school may be the best career choice for them.
- Manufacturers of skin care products and equipment often employ estheticians to explain, demonstrate, and ultimately sell the company's products. They travel from salon to salon sharing their knowledge not only of their company's products but of skin care as a whole.
Television and Movies
- Estheticians and makeup artists are common elements found on the "sets" of television shows and movies. They work one on one with the actors to keep their skin and makeup looking its best throughout the show or movie.